You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Incorrect iCloud email associated with my account

For years my wife's iCloud email has been associated with my Apple ID. I have tried everything to remove it but I am not able to delete it from my account even though I have my own iCloud email which presently shows as an alias. Not sure what else to do at this point as I receive her emails to my account unfortunately. Has anyone else had this issue and been able to solve. Thanks

iPhone 15, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 17, 2024 8:55 PM

3 replies

Oct 17, 2024 9:09 PM in response to jimbriglio

jimbriglio Said:

"Incorrect iCloud email associated with my account: For years my wife's iCloud email has been associated with my Apple ID. I have tried everything to remove it but I am not able to delete it from my account even though I have my own iCloud email which presently shows as an alias. Not sure what else to do at this point as I receive her emails to my account unfortunately. Has anyone else had this issue and been able to solve. Thanks"

-------

I think this is the link you are looking for: Add and Manage eMail Aliases for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Oct 18, 2024 5:50 PM in response to jimbriglio

"Incorrect iCloud email associated with my account: [...]I want to delete that original iCloud email which is not mine and do not have access to and make my actual iCloud email the original.[...]"

-------

Give Apple a Call:

Once you create an iCloud eMail account, it cannot be changed. So, if things are not configured as they should, then I recommend you give Apple Support a call. Perform a screensharing session with the Apple Rep. That way, they can see this firsthand, form YOUR perspective.

Apple Contact Info: Contact Us - Choose Locations

Oct 18, 2024 1:57 PM in response to TheLittles

Thanks you but that article which I have looked at does not solve the problem. The alias is not what I am trying to delete. It is an original iCloud email that is not mine(my wife's) that became associated to my account as the primary address, not sure how maybe because of last name.. My iCloud email is the alias. I do not want to delete my email(alias) I want to delete that original iCloud email which is not mine and do not have access to and make my actual iCloud email the original. I have tried to fix this for the past 12 years and just figured I would revisit as I do every couple years, hoping Apple has a solution by now but it seams that there is not. Thanks.

JI

Incorrect iCloud email associated with my account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.