You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Hidden tracks that won't stay hidden

Music tracks from the group U2, The Songs of Innocence booklet will not stay hidden as I would like them too. Every time I delete them from iTunes library to hide them, they reappear with me constantly going through the process to hide them again.

Is there someone out there that can offer a remedy for this. It's too bad that some items you've purchased can't be deleted totally if they're yours.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 17, 2024 9:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2024 3:25 AM

The irony is that you probably didn't purchase it.

Apple and the band U2 seemed to think that Apple giving the album away for free (but only to Apple owners) was the best idea ever. (Long story short- it wasn't!)

I think that after many complaints Apple did have a method of permanently deleting the album but that method no longer works. As far as I can tell, the only way now is to contact Apple support directly. Try this link to see whether it gets you anywhere: Get Support.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 18, 2024 3:25 AM in response to lamontsim

The irony is that you probably didn't purchase it.

Apple and the band U2 seemed to think that Apple giving the album away for free (but only to Apple owners) was the best idea ever. (Long story short- it wasn't!)

I think that after many complaints Apple did have a method of permanently deleting the album but that method no longer works. As far as I can tell, the only way now is to contact Apple support directly. Try this link to see whether it gets you anywhere: Get Support.

Oct 18, 2024 6:41 AM in response to the fiend

To: The Fiend, I didn't want the day to go by without saying THANK YOU for your response to me on the hidden U2 tracks that kept reappearing. You were right. Ther tracks were a promotional from iTunes, I never purchased them. I got in touch with support as you suggested, and they removed the booklet. Appreciate the feedback very much.

Hidden tracks that won't stay hidden

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.