You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro 13, systemic Issue where keyboard side outer coating bubbles up.

I am on my second Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro 13, the exact same thing happened to the previous one after only a month of use and Apple replaced that one in July. My current one started to exhibit the same symptoms as this one has, but I haven't had time to follow up with Apple Support for this repeat issue as I don't want another replacement that will fail in the same way.

This seems like a systemic problem with the new Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro 13. Both the top and bottom, especially on the bottom (near the hinge) have bubbled loose with about half the surface free from the substrate. I have done nothing other than hold the iPad hinge down so my fingers lightly grip the keyboard side. Strangely enough the side that holds the iPad (with the angle adjustment hinge) is secured to the substrate and does not have the same issue.

I had the previous Magic Keyboard and used it with 3 iPad Pro 12.9 generations and while there was a little rattiness from the bonding seam wearing, it never had anything like this problem.

I'm not sure I want to get yet a third one until I know whether this manufacturing issue has been resolved, but I don't want to keep using this one as I don't know what will happen if the plastic comes free and causes the iPad to fall and damage it.

This is not the production quality that I expected from Apple and makes me think this current design is a lemon.

iPad Pro (M4, 2024)

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 8:06 PM

1 reply

Magic Keyboard for iPad Pro 13, systemic Issue where keyboard side outer coating bubbles up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.