You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How can I download and (view, then) delete old messages from iCloud?

iPhone and iPad says I have over 9,600 texts in the iCloud but I only have about 150 or so on my devices. How can I download them and permanently delete them from iCloud?

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 4:13 PM

4 replies

Oct 16, 2024 4:30 PM in response to jpfw9910

jpfw9910 wrote:

iPhone and iPad says I have over 9,600 texts in the iCloud but I only have about 150 or so on my devices. How can I download them and permanently delete them from iCloud?
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/235add09-2bd1-457c-958c-87a6dc618f1b

You don't view it in icloud, you view it on your device outlined here Set up iCloud for Messages on all your devices - Apple Support

Oct 17, 2024 10:37 AM in response to jpfw9910

Thank you for the reply. I have all of those settings done correctly. I also know I cannot view in iCloud, but want to know how I can download those 9627 messages in the cloud because as I said earlier I have less than 150 actual messages on my devices currently at about 311mb of space. How can those additional texts be downloaded?

Oct 17, 2024 11:05 AM in response to jpfw9910

jpfw9910 wrote:

Thank you for the reply. I have all of those settings done correctly. I also know I cannot view in iCloud, but want to know how I can download those 9627 messages in the cloud because as I said earlier I have less than 150 actual messages on my devices currently at about 311mb of space. How can those additional texts be downloaded?

Read the link I posted.

How can I download and (view, then) delete old messages from iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.