You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

I want my child to be able to sign in as their own user on my macbook pro but be able to set up parental controls.

I want my child to be able to sign in as their own user on my macbook pro but be able to set up parental controls. At the moment I am only able to add a 2nd user and create parental controls while logged in as that user and set controls. This allows that user to go in and make changes to the settings and remove any parental controls. When I log in as the Admin and try to select system settings, screen time and content and privacy, it only offers the restrictions for myself not the other user. Do I have to add them to a Family Share plan? I don't want to necessarily do that, is there a way around that?

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 2:54 PM

There are no replies.

I want my child to be able to sign in as their own user on my macbook pro but be able to set up parental controls.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.