You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Podcast app started crashing on every launch yesterday.

Yesterday afternoon (October 15, 2024 PDT), podcast started crashing on every launch. I noticed there was an update available, so I updated, but it didn't fix the problem. I tried safe mode boot, and manually ran first aid on every volume and container on the internal drive. The only thing that worked was to create a new account and log into it with a different apple ID. So, there is something wedged with my account . I reinstalled sonoma, but that didn't help, either.

Time Machine and finder agree that the app itself hasn't changed since September 5th.

I am running macOS Sonoma 14.7 (23H124) on an Apple Silicon MBP

MacBook Pro

16-inch, Nov 2023

Chip Apple M3 Max

Memory 128 GB

Disk SSD 4 TB (3.7TB available)

Any ideas on how to reset my account? Only hapopens on my mac--my iPhone 12 plays podcasts just fine., as does my homepod mini, so I am guessing it is some file or another but ~/Library/Application \ Support doesn't seem to have a podcasts plist or any other podcast files, so I am at a loss.

One possible clue, this device doesn't appear in the list of devices this web page as associated to my account, despite system settings showing me as logged into this same AppleID.

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 11:24 AM

There are no replies.

Podcast app started crashing on every launch yesterday.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.