You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Accidentally deleted my Notes from iCloud

I was trying to clear up some storage space and I accidentally removed my Notes from my iCloud. It happened so fast.. All my important notes and details is in there!!! Please help! I desperately need my notes back šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 15, 2024 11:31 PM

3 replies

Oct 21, 2024 1:49 AM in response to kayenm

Hey Kayenm!

Sorry to hear about that, Iā€™ve been there myself more than a few times.

If youā€™ve already looked in the Recently Deleted Notes folder and online at iCloud.com, AND youā€™ve recently tried restoring them somehow online:

It is possible you store Notes on another account, such as Gmail or Yahoo, etc. if you go to Settings > Notes > Accounts or Settings > Apps > Notes > Accounts, are there any other accounts you can turn Notes on for?

Even in a those settings you can look for an On My iPhone option, perhaps turning that on will restore them.

Otherwise, an awesome article to follow is this:

Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud - Apple Support

It may not help now, but hopefully in the future.

On another note, IF the notes were in fact stored on ā€œThis iPhoneā€ and not syncing with an account, you may be able to restore your iPhone from a backup:

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Otherwise, have you ever had these Notes stored on any other devices? Such as a Mac or iPad? If so, you may still have a chance to recover them, just let me know and Iā€™d be glad to provide some more steps!

Accidentally deleted my Notes from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.