You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Photos option disappeared for storing images

Why is PHOTOS no longer an option as a place to store photographs?

PAST METHOD: When I received a photo in an attachment to an email, I would click on the SHARE icon, then click on either GOOGLE PHOTOS or PHOTOS in order to save it.

CURRENT SITUATION: I can still click on the SHARE icon, but neither PHOTO icon appears as a location option.

Please explain clearly — for a Novice. Thank you.

Linda

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Oct 15, 2024 7:20 AM

3 replies

Oct 15, 2024 7:34 AM in response to LindaMac1947

On my iPad with iPadOS 18.0.1, when I have an email with a picture attachment, I can touch and hold on the picture to bring up a pop-up menu, like this:

with the choice to "Save Image." When I tap that, the picture shows up in my

Photos Library.

In messages, there's a little check box next to pictures, and tapping that saves the picture to Photos.

I think this all worked the same way in iOS 17. Do these things work for you in the same way?

Oct 17, 2024 7:23 AM in response to LindaMac1947

LindaMac1947 wrote: … I have 17.7, which apparently is quite different.… it actually does give me the option to save to Photos. So, I will just keep trying it!

Right-- I included that I was using 18, because I thought that my screenshot might be a bit different-- I couldn't remember exactly what 17 looked like. But, like you say, it's similar enough, I think.

Photos option disappeared for storing images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.