You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Is there any way to manually recognize someone’s face on photos?

is there any way to manually recognize someone’s face? In people, my baby’s pictures use to all pop up under his name but now for some reason none of the pictures of him recognize his face or show up in his album. When i click review photos it shows a bunch of pictures of him but in the album it’s only showing 2.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 14, 2024 10:55 PM

1 reply

Oct 15, 2024 7:48 AM in response to TeeWhyElAye

On an iPhone or iPad, you can't force a face ID if Photos doesn't recognize a that a face is there. If it recognizes a face, you can identify it, but if it doesn't see the face at all, you can't fix that.

Many of us try to include people's names in the Caption field, even if the face is already identified. Then a search for Charley, for instance, will find that picture of Charlie, anyway. Also, I open Charlie's People album, and I put "Charlie" in every caption, there, so a search for Charlie will find all his pictures, even if they weren't recognized. So I use the People album to help me add the captions.

A big advantage to using Captions for people's names is that Captions are included (if you choose) when sending a picture, but face IDs are not. Of course, the special advantage of Face ID is that in a group of people you can see exactly who is who.

Is there any way to manually recognize someone’s face on photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.