You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How to protect my account from Gift Card scams

Met the person on X.com offering a deal too good to be true. I then set the terms in my favour and proceeded to be harassed for hours trying to get me to buy an Apple gift card. Reported them

on x.com but the then found me and messaged me using an email. (go*************72@gmail.com). Malicious damage should be aware for the way the talked to me!

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 14, 2024 4:58 AM

3 replies

Oct 14, 2024 6:14 AM in response to WebTechHosts

As Limnos said, this is not an Apple issue. You'd be getting harassed no matter what device you were using. This is what can happen when you give your personal information to a stranger on the Internet. Your only option at this point is to block the email address, if the scammer is using the same address all the time and your email service allows blocking, or use a spam filter or rule to send those messages to Trash, or to change your email address. As to being harassed via SMS text messages, SMS is a carrier service, not Apple's. See if your cell carrier can allow you to block the scammer's number (though scammers can use multiple numbers).

Regards.

How to protect my account from Gift Card scams

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.