You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

After laptop died, can't sync ipod classic with ITunes in Windows 11

My laptop died and now that it's replaced, and ITunes is reinstalled, I can't sync my ipod classic. When I connect the ipod, it shows in ITunes but my only options are to eject, 'transfer purchases', or 'reset warnings' -- if I look under File > Devices, 'sync is disabled (greyed out). I've tried everything I could find to fix the problem and nothing has worked. In some cases directions, such as in the ipod manual, say 'select Summary tab' or 'select General tab' but there are no tabs in the current version of ITunes (no 'ipod icon' either). Doing 'reset settings' in the ipod has made no difference and neither has restarting it. I tried an earlier version of ITunes (the one that was installed on the old laptop, version 12.5) and had the same result with that.

I'd be perfectly happy to wipe the ipod and resync everything but so far that doesn't seem to be an option.

Help?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 13, 2024 9:15 PM

1 reply

After laptop died, can't sync ipod classic with ITunes in Windows 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.