You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

internet recovery wont fix

I have an iMac intel late 2014. It installed an update and is now just stuck at loading screen.

i tried using internet recovery. When it completes the internet recovery and reboots, then it’s just stuck at the Apple loading screen.

instead of using internet recovery, I tried holding command R, but it just reboots and reboots.

any help would be appreciated.

Posted on Oct 13, 2024 1:33 PM

1 reply

Oct 13, 2024 2:21 PM in response to RonTimus

That would likely indicate a hardware failure, my bet is if you still have the original HD installed it has failed. Doing major updates on old HD based computers is very stressful on them as the HD has to work very hard doing a lot of read/write cycles. On an 11 + year old computer it should not come as a surprise if it has failed. However, before giving up and replacing the machine (I'd recommend doing that on principle alone) please try the steps in If your Mac doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Best of luck!

internet recovery wont fix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.