You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

"You can’t open the application “iTunes” because it is being updated." error message (macOS high Sierra 10.13.6)

when I try to open iTunes it gives me the error message "You can’t open the application “iTunes” because it is being updated." this began after it said iTunes needed to update to be able to update an iPhone I was attempting to set up via my MacBook Pro (2010). I've tried multiple things, downloading and attempting to re-install the latest version of iTunes for my model- I got the error message that said I already have that version of iTunes installed. I also tried restarting my MacBook and holding the left shift key while opening iTunes, and that didn't work either- I still received the error message stating that iTunes is being updated.

any answers or suggestions are greatly appreciated, thx:)

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Oct 12, 2024 6:05 PM

There are no replies.

"You can’t open the application “iTunes” because it is being updated." error message (macOS high Sierra 10.13.6)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.