You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iTunes syncing of contacts / calendars between iPhones & Outlook has been deprecated and will be removed ...

Sometime back Apple announced that iTunes syncing support for contacts and calendars between iPhones & Outlook has been deprecated and planned to be removed in a future version of iTunes.

There have been several threads on this topic, but due to inactivity they seem to all have been closed.

I'd like to try and keep this one alive so that users of the Outlook sync. feature can keep each other up to date on how things are going.

My current environment is:

iPhone 13 Pro

iTunes 12.13.1.3 from the Microsoft Store - user: tt2 one of my Apple heros suggested this version.

iOS 17.6.1

Outlook Professional 2021 - fully patched

Windows 10 - fully patched

For more than a year now whenever I update iOS, I just do it directly from my iPhone without iTunes in the middle... I figure that's got to be safer.

At this point sync-ing is fine. I need to update to iOS 17.7 so I'll kick off the thread with that...

Is anybody successfully sync-ing with iOS 17.7?

If so what version/style of iTunes are you using?

Thanks,

Jim

Posted on Oct 12, 2024 5:34 AM

There are no replies.

iTunes syncing of contacts / calendars between iPhones & Outlook has been deprecated and will be removed ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.