You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Using Quick Time Player To Share Screen to Mac

When i use Quicktime player on my m2 mac mini and i right click i am able to press record a movie and select my iPad or iPhone screen when doing so allowing me to share the screen onto my mac (useful when teaching or using something like FaceTime and you share screen to show both your mac screen and iPad/iPhone screen while still being able to use your mac by minimising it in comparison to when you scare the whole screen to the mac it doesn't let you use your mac),

When i do this (whether I'm sharing screen or not), the battery percentage is always at 100% and the date and time are completely wrong. I've had other people and seen them have the same problem as me.

Any fixes, or is this a bug from Apples end?

Mac mini, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 12, 2024 4:41 AM

1 reply

Oct 12, 2024 4:55 AM in response to mohammed_z

When i do this, the battery percentage is always at 100% and the date and time are completely wrong.
Any fixes, or is this a bug from Apples end?

It seems intentional, in order to make presentations that include such screens, and hide the true battery level, and hide the true date and time. 9:41 was introduced by Steve Jobs, and apparently kept that way ever since in his honor.

Using Quick Time Player To Share Screen to Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.