You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Why is my iPad saying that its storage is full and offering me to buy iCloud+ when I’m already part of a Family Sharing group with 2 TB of iCloud+ that isn’t even half full?

I’m currently using an iPad that keeps showing a message saying that its storage is full. It’s suggesting that I should purchase an iCloud+ subscription to help free up space. However, I’m already part of a Family Sharing plan that has a 2 TB iCloud+ plan, and I’ve checked—less than half of that storage is being used.

I’m confused as to why this message is coming up, especially since there should be plenty of iCloud storage available through my family’s plan. It seems like my iPad isn’t recognizing the shared iCloud storage properly, or maybe I’m missing a setting that links my device to the family’s shared storage. Is there something specific I need to do to ensure my iPad utilizes the shared iCloud+ storage, or could this be a bug? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

iPad Air, iPadOS 16

Posted on Oct 10, 2024 4:30 PM

There are no replies.

Why is my iPad saying that its storage is full and offering me to buy iCloud+ when I’m already part of a Family Sharing group with 2 TB of iCloud+ that isn’t even half full?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.