You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

If I update can I get a newer version of pages?

Have iWorks ‘09 pages running on Mojave. If I upgrade to Ventura will there be a way to get a newer version of pages? The one in the App Store is too new (requires iOS 14+). (Sorry photo flipped upside down when I uploaded it)

Posted on Oct 10, 2024 10:28 AM

5 replies

Oct 10, 2024 11:33 AM in response to Tumtizzle

I don't know beforehand, and will not speculate if you can get a version of Pages 13.2 - 14.1 after you upgrade to Ventura 13.7 — based on having Pages '09 installed on Mojave. Almost exclusively, my experience in the Pages community has been helping those who installed Pages v5 (Oct 2013) or later obtain the last compatible version for their later version of macOS when it was not directly available from the Mac App Store.

Pages '09 as a 32-bit application is inoperable after Mojave. Later versions of Pages are entirely different applications, both in functionality, and user experience because they were not based on the Pages '09 code. Their documents are not backward compatible with Pages '09. Some features may have been used in Pages '09 that the current Pages versions will not be able to convert, and this may prevent forward compatibility in rare cases.

If you upgrade to Ventura 13.7, you may or may not find yourself without a means to get the last compatible version of Pages for Ventura. Make backup copies of your existing Pages '09 documents. You may have to use the iCloud version of Pages on the copies to convert them to the current Pages document format. Let me know if you plan to upgrade to Ventura anyway, as there is a simple test in the Mac App Store to determine if you can get a last compatible version of Pages for Ventura.

Oct 11, 2024 5:33 AM in response to Tumtizzle

Generally, as a rule, if you have not personally installed Pages v5 or later from the Mac App Store since Oct 2013, then it would not appear in the purchased panel of the Mojave or Ventura Mac App Store and there are no other means to get a last compatible version of Pages for Ventura.

You might operate on the premise that you would not be able to obtain a last compatible version of Pages for Ventura because you have not met the criterion of the first paragraph. Consider that your simple test.

If I update can I get a newer version of pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.