You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

MacBook Air Sequoia 15 update then iCloud e-mails black back page with white casings (saving up energy - OK)

Hi there anyone,

The e-mail re-formatting change occurred recently after I did the OS Sequoia upgrade (few days ago only and have not been since so busy with my e-mails these last few days to know better to what extent if affected my e-mail's recipients on all their different devices) so it's still too soon for me to understand the extent of the problem if ever but still that begs for look-out.

Anyway here goes ; so I did this OS update and right after that I had to reset few bits (passwords and most visited sites shortcuts) and just now I've sent a grouped e-mail. From which I just got a first answer from a friend who reads them on his smart phone (whose brand in unknown to me) but he replied that there was no text... Like a blank page. Although it's a long letter !

Thought that I figured out his issue and wondered if he got my white casing text on a white background screen (for paper) making it 'invisible' to his naked eye. He's so out of any computer work-out he can't even select the text and change its color to tell me if that is what he got. Anyway since I've tried sending him 'colored' casing texts and he got them in blue (?) casings.

Now I also see that depending on the devices the sender sent me previous e-mails these come in either with white background or black ones... This change of iCloud e-mail formatting serves a noble energy saving cause that I'm most fine with. But clearly this also created another issue in regard of 'languages' that are oddly translated into such 'invisible' e-mails in the worse case.

Or for less serious cases into 'blue' casing lettering that which if readable is still a no-no in my book for a professional use or paid for option at least. Not good. Would anyone know better or have such a similar issue ? Should I contact the iCloud technical support team ? Is it a typical 'youth defect symptom' that will be fixed ASAP ? Or is it a sole problem that I only happen to have on my device ?

Thanks in advance. Regards, Tim

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 10, 2024 9:17 AM

There are no replies.

MacBook Air Sequoia 15 update then iCloud e-mails black back page with white casings (saving up energy - OK)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.