You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Why do I still have to sign in every time I come back here? Really?

It's not more complicated than the title this website has been up for what, 20 years? How is it that virtually every other website on the planet can manage to hang onto my login details and log me in in the background every time I come by without hassling me about it but if I leave this website for five minutes when I come back, I have to sign in again, my Apple ID sign in is obnoxious deliberately for obvious reasons and I hate signing in with it. I hate signing in with anything I want things to just happen. Why can't they just happen here? Am I missing a setting that's been tucked away somewhere? Because I've looked... demands a new sign in every single time you come by the website, or billions of dollars, we're just talking. Auto Login, please.

[Edited by Moderator]

iPad Air, iPadOS 17

Posted on Oct 9, 2024 8:46 PM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2024 5:20 AM in response to Stoidy

As Apple Accounts are much more than a sign-in for a site (also personal information and including a wallet), extra care has to be taken that things are still secure and not useable by the unauthorized. Your account password is never stored in cookies.

If you quit/​restart the browser, then you have to sign in again. Sleep mode doesn’t seem to affect it per se. If the current session has been active for more than a day, that may also trigger a confirmation request. Modern Apple devices allow fast sign-ins through Face ID and Touch ID. Are you making use of that? TFA may be needed about once per month.

Why do I still have to sign in every time I come back here? Really?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.