You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Can no longer change text color in markup in Photos app on iPhone

This is a new ios 18 issue (not resolved by minor .0.1 update). Just last week I could add text boxes through the markup feature in Photos, then edit, move, and change the color of the text. I updated to 18 and that doesn't work anymore. I've seen two places where one can change the color, but it doesn't take. You can select a new color, then you X out of the box and it does not change. This is clearly an iOS 18 glitch. It would be great to have it fixed. I sometimes label photos and need a brighter text color to read well on the background.

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 18

Posted on Oct 9, 2024 8:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2024 3:41 PM

When I press the color dot it won’t stay open long enough for me to select the color! This is happened after 18.1 Glitch?!

12 replies

Oct 18, 2024 9:59 PM in response to Seracious

Same issues here. Had a 12 Pro, updated to iOS 18, immediately noticed that changing text color in markup wouldn’t work, almost as if the color screen was force closing. It fixed itself for a couple days, then the same issue came back. My husband has a 14 Pro, my son has a 14, and their markup works just fine. I just upgraded to a 16 Pro since I was eligible for an upgrade and my 12 Pro became so laggy. I have the same issues with markup with my 16 Pro as I did with my 12 Pro, so it’s not a phone issue. The issue seems very user specific, but I do think it’s an issue with iCloud. I can save a photo to my files, open up the photo within the files app, and markup works just fine. It does not work through the photo app.

Can no longer change text color in markup in Photos app on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.