You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Keynote - Add slide numbers at top with a border

While playing Keystone slides, they unexpectedly were displayed with a border, plus the slide number and the total number of slides at the TOP. I cannot reproduce this "format(?)," nor find any reference to it. The actual slide was reduced in size to make room for the border. I don't want any of these "features."

Unfortunately, a few of the slides contained videos which would not play which makes this format especially undesireable..

I would like to know how to activate this format (to avoid doing it) and how to deactivate it if I ever do.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Dick

MacBook Air, macOS 14.6

Posted on Oct 9, 2024 7:57 AM

3 replies

Oct 9, 2024 12:26 PM in response to DHuitema

The only thing I can think of that comes close is:

Play -> Customize Presenter Display

but this is used (primarily) in dual-screen setups where the presenter has one display showing what's next (as a reminder), timers, notes, etc., and the main presentation runs on a separate screen. This is the only thing I can think of that shows 'Slide x of y', which is why I think it may be relevant - maybe it's something you need to fiddle with.

It sounds like you're seeing the presenter's screen, not the audience screen.

Oct 9, 2024 2:31 PM in response to Camelot

Thanks, Camelot!

That's the screen, but that set of steps doesn't allow changing slides!

I have never intentionally used those steps. Needless to say, I must have done something like them, though, and they led to that format but also allowed me to advance slides.

I was able to advance slides last Sunday, but, interestingly, I couldn't start videos that are Keynote slides.

If this ever happens to me again, I'll know to hit Escape and start over. GRRRR

Thanks again for pinpointing the problem!

Cheers!!

Dick

Keynote - Add slide numbers at top with a border

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.