You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Numbers Will Not Work in iCloud

I am running Numbers 14.1 on Ventura 13.7. My very large and fast iMac cannot take a newer OS. Today I was editing a Numbers document and got the message that I could not share (or collaborate). I needed to go to iCloud and edit the document there. I find the web based Numbers app a little clumsy. Is there a way I can edit the file locally then load it into iCloud.com? Or could I edit it locally then put it into my Shared portion of my iCloud Drive and share. I share with my wife and it would be fine if we were not able to edit at the same time. Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 13.7

Posted on Oct 8, 2024 3:55 PM

3 replies

Oct 10, 2024 6:30 AM in response to MD_Gene

MD_Gene wrote:

What am I doing wrong?

Probably nothing. That seems to be a limitation of Numbers in the browser. You have to type out formulas the old fashioned way rather than let Numbers complete them for you. If you want all the power and convenience of Numbers (and other software) running natively on the Mac then you'll need to upgrade to a Mac that can handle the software.

SG

Numbers Will Not Work in iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.