You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Recover Mac Mail messages from hotmail lost after 9/16/2024?

I had solved Mail/Hotmail issues before by removing the hotmail account and adding it again. I had recently added hotmail as an Exchange account and then, as Microsoft promised, hotmail stopped working. I should not have deleted the account because now it's no longer possible to add it. Consequently, all mail in the folders is lost. While I can access the inbox via Outlook web, none of my "On my Mac" folders are there. Is there a way to get into those folders short of buying a new Mac using the latest OS? I tried Restore from Time Machine but that didn't allow me access to the folders in Mail b/c there is no account. I have made regular external drive back ups so the data is there - it's just accessing it. I'm using High Sierra on a mid 2012 Macbook Pro. thank you!

Posted on Oct 8, 2024 9:37 AM

There are no replies.

Recover Mac Mail messages from hotmail lost after 9/16/2024?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.