You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How do I stop my iPhone Calendar from changing time zones?

I'm a frequent traveler. I would like to completely turn off time zones across my devices (three Macs, iPad, and iPhone). If I'm in New York and schedule a meeting for 4 PM in San Francisco I'd like to see 4 PM, not 7 PM which is what will show while I'm in New York. It seems simple enough, wysiwyg. When I cross the IDL it gets worse. If anyone knows of a third party application that would be good, too. Just globally turn off time zones. I guess the easiest way to describe it would be just like the old paper calendars. They never changed the times!

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Oct 7, 2024 9:14 AM

2 replies

Oct 16, 2024 2:38 AM in response to D Hull

I think you are looking for the option in Time Zone called Floating, rather than a specific time zone. I have not used this setting, but from what I have read it should achieve your aim to keep an event at the time you originally set it.

In Use different time zones in Calendar on Mac Apple says about this setting: To keep the event from moving when you view a different time zone, choose Floating.

You can find this in the list of time zones in an event. Note though that his is an option only in the macOS calendar, not in iOS.

How do I stop my iPhone Calendar from changing time zones?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.