You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iTunes as media player and Bose Mini Soundlink bluetooth speaker

Hi all:

I have a 2022 MacBook Pro, M2 chip, running 12.7.2.

One of my Apple Super Drives crapped out so I have an excellent ASUS drive as a replacement.

In order to play audio CD's through a Bose Mini II SE SoundLink, I have to use a 3rd party media app (Elmedia).

It's a bit of a hassle as it means loading the CD, letting iTunes open, clicking a button (saying no to importing the CD), then finally dragging the files from the disc to the Elmedia player.

iTunes will not play through Bluetooth, even when the Bose device is selected inside of iTunes (streaming icon in upper right corner of the iTunes window.)

Interestingly, I can stream music from files imported to iTunes, but I don't want to do this......all I would like to do is load a CD, hit play for iTunes and stream to the Bose Device......seems like a simple and relatively common thing to want to do.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.7

Posted on Oct 6, 2024 9:49 AM

There are no replies.

iTunes as media player and Bose Mini Soundlink bluetooth speaker

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.