You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

MacBook Pro Optimized Battery Charging stopped working

My Intel MBP is connected to power 24/7. I had cause to check my battery usage yesterday and I can see that Optimized Battery Charging stopped working sometime on Sept. 30th. I can see this in System Settings, which shows the last 10 days, and also in iStat Menus, which shows the last month. In both cases the battery charge hovered around 80% until Sept. 30th when it jumped to 100% and has stayed there.

I've rebooted, but the charge remains at 100%. Does anyone know how to get this working again?`

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 16″

Posted on Oct 5, 2024 10:27 PM

4 replies

Oct 6, 2024 5:08 AM in response to Erroll

You could use AlDente to limit battery charging.

https://github.com/AppHouseKitchen/AlDente-Charge-Limiter

There is a free and a Pro (paid) version.

I used the free version for several years before Optimized charging came along. I started using it after I hand the battery replaced due to swelling. My Mac was also plugged into power 24/7.

I did eventually upgrade to the paid version, as I felt the author deserved to be rewarded.

MacBook Pro Optimized Battery Charging stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.