You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

I just cannot screen record on Mac and have the internal audio recorded at the same time.

I've searched everywhere on this website and others, I followed direct instructions with Blackhole 2ch, Quicktime Player, and Audio MIDI setup. I don't need to connect the audio to my Airpods, I just want to hear my recordings being played out without outside audio bothering the video. For some reason, it just goes silent when I play back the recording I did. Can someone please help me figure out what I'm missing? I feel like it's a small dumb issue I looked over but I can't put my finger on it, if not Blackhole, is there any other recommended free software with no watermarks?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 13.7

Posted on Oct 5, 2024 4:51 PM

1 reply

Oct 5, 2024 5:31 PM in response to Emmmssy

hmmm, that is strange. using QuickTime with BlackHole, you should have no problems recording and / or playback with audio on the Mac. I'm wondering if the issue is "pilot error".

can you share some screenshots with us to ensure it is set up properly? I would like to see:

1. your options in the menubar sound options.
  2. your options in your recording controls options. and
  3. your multi-output device in your audio MIDI settings.

I just cannot screen record on Mac and have the internal audio recorded at the same time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.