You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Fan Noise On Mac Studio w/ M1 chip

Many months ago, I finally got fed up with fan noise on my Mac Studio. I got in touch with Apple Support since it was under Apple Care. They led me to an Apple Store in the Minneapolis area. I broke my Mac and and they determined that YES there was fan noise. They connected to it and determined that I indeed had Time Machine working up-to-date, so they took it in for repair. About 5-6 days later they called and said that they had messed up a rubber line on the bottom of the computer and had to order it adding a few days for repair. Then they called again and said that during the replacement of the fan something had gone wrong while they tried to replace the SSD drive so was going to have to be replaced everything with a new Logic Board. At the time, I did not think anything of it, but later when I received the computer back and had to restore the WHOLE thing with Time Machine, I realized that since the SSD in ON the logic board, instead of a problem with the SSD they must have made an error with the logic board.

I have struggled now for MONTHS getting my previously registered software app RE-registered since they no longer recognized my computer.

Even today, I am concerned that I may not have everything back the way it was supposed to be.

AND NOW GUESS WHAT? I am having an increasingly louder FAN NOISE coming from the Mac Studio.

I have ALWAYS been very happy with my Mac purchases, but I am now getting increasingly perturbed. What the HECK is going on with these fan noises and how many times am I going to be forced to START OVER each time they (TRY) to fix this?

Posted on Oct 2, 2024 6:19 PM

3 replies

Fan Noise On Mac Studio w/ M1 chip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.