You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How do I shut off AI text “predictive” dictation correction (ALL devices)?

I use "Talk to Text" on my computer, laptop, and iPhone. I use it for everything. Now with the predictive corrections, the issue is AI. I don't want it for talk to text. Talk to text should be EXACTLY what I say, including punctuation. If I want to use particular words and particular punctuation that AI doesn't agree with, talk to text no longer works. We should be able to turn it on and turn it off depending on what our needs are.

It is TALK TO TEXT....NOT A.I. decides what it THINKS I'm saying. I speak informally. I want my texts to say EXACTLY what I'm saying.

Talk to text: it doesn't work if AI is changing everything. TALK to TEXT. Read that again!

It doesn't say TALK to AI to TEXT!

And I know my devices are hearing me correctly. I will talk, and it will type out everything perfectly. And then when I stop, the AI recreates my sentence, the way it wants to which is INCORRECT and TICKING me off!

Even as I do talk to text right now, it's filling in all of this punctuation and words I don't want.

I already know how to say PERIOD, COMMA, END BRACKET, etc.

I do NOT need AI to change my perfect talk to text.

STOP IT PLEASE!!!!!!

I don't care how good AI gets. Talk to text should not include AI unless a person wants that.

Not every situation needs AI. Read the room please.

ALSO, we should be able to choose ALL relevant devices (below). Currently I can only choose 1!

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Oct 2, 2024 3:05 PM

1 reply

Oct 2, 2024 6:43 PM in response to radarlu

Apple Intelligence / AI is not yet implemented in any Apple device, so there's that. To learn how to use Sequoia's Dictation features you may wish to familiarize yourself with Dictate messages and documents on Mac - Apple Support.

Excerpt:

"Note: In supported languages, Dictation automatically inserts commas, periods, and question marks for you as you dictate. To turn off this feature, choose Apple menu > System Settings, then click Keyboard in the sidebar (you may need to scroll down). Go to Dictation, then turn off Auto-punctuation."

For iOS's Dictation features, read Dictate text on iPhone - Apple Support

Learn about Apple Intelligence here: Apple Intelligence Preview - Apple

Also, you may have been under the impression you are addressing Apple on this website. That is not its purpose and Apple will not be aware of your concerns unless you tell them. To contact Apple, you need to Contact Apple.

How do I shut off AI text “predictive” dictation correction (ALL devices)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.