You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

How can I see my old posts?

STILL A PROBLEM.

Clicking on any of the links in my profile does nothing. It's looking for RECENT.

I'm looking for all time. This SHOULD BE AN OPTION.

So I have to search the community for my name, and I get most of my posts since 2011, in a completely random order.

But there were more before that. A google search finds them back to 2010.

Really Apple, this is such an easy fix.

Posted on Oct 1, 2024 7:29 PM

3 replies

Oct 2, 2024 3:38 AM in response to Ellyenne

As a fellow forum user, I can’t fulfill any of your wishes for this forum, nor can any other user here; I can only share my experiences and insights to what I think I know about how it works here. That may or may not be what you like to hear. Our Hosts are well aware of the limitations of the features of these forums, and do what they can to make it useful for both users and Apple Inc.

The on-site Search will bring results that do go through “all time”, unlike the participated content through your Profile. Some might still like an external search engine better, as that uses a different approach (pages instead of posts) and has different filter specifier options. Personally, I use both, as some queries work better in one or the other.

Many solutions to Mac problems are consistent through OS versions. Tricks I learned for MacOS8 & Snow Leopard still work in IOS & modern MacOS.

That is a valid point. But there are also ‘tricks’ that came later, and methods that have changed, even functions that have been removed. One has to be very specific about software versions to give definitive guides that work.

To be specific, I was looking for a solution to podcasts playing in reverse order.

I saw that question. Someone else may know more on that; I’m not a frequent podcast user. I hope another reader can help you out there. All the best!

Oct 2, 2024 12:48 AM in response to Ellyenne

I'm looking for all time. This SHOULD BE AN OPTION.

Are there reasons to need that, besides nostalgia?

All-time-search-by-user seems to be a recurring question; others have asked for the same. It is not available despite requests, so apparently it isn’t thought important enough by the powers that be. Maybe it’s too much resource intensive, maybe it’s too much effort, maybe it requires a substantial investment, maybe it is very difficult, maybe it isn’t useful for the majority of users. Or a combination of some of those.

Really Apple, this is such an easy fix.

Basically only recent/active threads are actually useful. 2010 threads have information that is likely not applicable to modern devices, modern software and modern services. Be glad Apple doesn’t purge these old threads.

A google search finds them back to 2010.

That is currently the user-recommended outsourced method to find old threads. Search Engines look here frequently, so that should be pretty complete.

Oct 2, 2024 2:12 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Thank you for your disparaging and unhelpful remarks. I'm looking for answers not insults.

Many solutions to Mac problems are consistent through OS versions. Tricks I learned for MacOS8 & Snow Leopard still work in IOS & modern MacOS.

I had used the community as a source of available stored knowledge, but the limitation to recent makes this difficult. I will save them to Notes now that I know.

To be specific, I was looking for a solution to podcasts playing in reverse order.

Guess I'll try Google.

How can I see my old posts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.