You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

macOS Sequoia Macintosh wallpaper getting stuck

I have recently updated to macOS Sequoia. When using Macintosh wallpaper (Macintosh Spectrum)and the new wallpaper have issue. It works for some time sand then It gets stuck at some point and works as a static wallpaper. Wallpaper will randomly stop moving even in screen saver or just going to to the log screen. Changing to different wallpaper and then setting it again make it work for some time, and the stucking continues...

Posted on Oct 1, 2024 12:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 7, 2024 1:43 PM

Same for me.

This issue seems to appear especially when plugging an External monitor.

Pretty annoying.

16 replies

Oct 4, 2024 10:03 AM in response to _Alegz

Its not working as you referred, its not going into that transforming animation when locking or unlocking.

It does work when I shutdown and restart or simply restart. I usually don't shutdown my Mac; I just put it to sleep by closing the lid.And each time I open my laptop from sleep, the wallpaper should have to run the animation at the login screen. Well, that's not happening in my case.

Oct 14, 2024 1:45 PM in response to AlWeir

A third party app isn't needed anymore if you run on the latest macOS.

Those Aerials (the same as the ones proposed on Apple TV, + the Dynamic macOS wallpapers/screensavers) are already available in the Mac settings.

The thing that we all point out there is that there is an issue with those that get stuck at some point, and randomly.

This needs a fix from Apple, not a workaround from another third party app.

macOS Sequoia Macintosh wallpaper getting stuck

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.