You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

I can’t toggle between Mastercard and eftpos savings in Apple wallet

Since setting up new iPhone 16pro I can no longer toggle between Mastercard and eftpos savings in Apple wallet. I’m using the same car I was on my 14pro, I’ve tried removing the card and adding again many times and still can’t seem to get this function back

Posted on Sep 28, 2024 9:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 4, 2024 3:19 PM

I am having same issue. I am in Australia. Cannot see eftpos option anymore. Tried removing and adding card few times. It was working fine before only happened once i updated the software to ios 18. Did you fine any solution?

25 replies

Oct 11, 2024 1:51 PM in response to Zemson

Having the same issue in Australia, contacted customer support and had a 2 hours call, obviously they are not aware the problem yet and only directed me to reset the settings etc, but this turns out to be an issue for new iPhone 16 series.

My partner’s iPhone 15 has also updated to the same iOS but had no issue.

Today l can’t cash out in woolies just because l can’t switch wallet to use EFTPOS. This is so bad, hope Apple can fix this soon.

Oct 11, 2024 5:05 PM in response to Zemson

This is the explanation I found from Easy Street Bank:

“From September 2024, in Apple Pay you will no longer have the choice to select the payment network when you transact in-store. The Network Selection will be performed by the merchant instead of you, the cardholder, meaning when you pay using your card, it’s up to the merchant to choose whether the transaction is an EFTPOS or a Visa transaction.  

You can still use Apple Pay the same way you always have by double clicking the side button and authenticating with Touch ID, Face ID or passcode.  

Depending on the type of transaction account you hold and which the card is linked to, this means you may also incur a transaction fee depending on how the merchant chooses to route the transaction”. 

From my understanding it’s legislation that the Reserve Bank Australia (RBA) has made to give control back to the merchants and out of the hands tech companies (Apple, Samsung, Google, etc).

Oct 12, 2024 5:19 AM in response to Gareth3200

Great detective work! After reading your post I started looking for an Apple Support article and what seems to back up your work.

>>When you make a transaction in-store, the merchant chooses whether the transaction made by a dual-network debit card will be processed through the eftpos network or the international network.<<

Use dual-network debit cards with Apple Pay in Australia - Apple Support

The article is dated September 19, 2024.

Oct 22, 2024 1:28 PM in response to faizan 011

There are multiple posts and threads on this topic. Many community members have posted on this. The following is from a recently updated Apple Support article on the subject that may help.

>>When you make a transaction in-store, the merchant chooses whether the transaction made by a dual-network debit card will be processed through the eftpos network or the international network.

Dual-network debit cards aren't available from all banks. Contact your bank for more information.<<

Use dual-network debit cards with Apple Pay in Australia - Apple Support

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Oct 22, 2024 4:34 AM in response to Zemson

I did some research and banks are saying that you need remove the card and re-add the card manually using the physical card, which I have tested with anz and it is not working for me, can some test with CBA or other banks to see if it worked

RBA is saying when you add the card it asks for a token form EFTPOS SAV and VISA and both network need to respond I think EFTPOS is not responding or it as been blocked not sure tho

https://www.rba.gov.au/publications/consultations/201612-dual-network-cards-and-mobile-wallet-technology/mobile-wallet-technology.html

[Edited by Moderator]

Sep 29, 2024 3:46 PM in response to Zemson

Zemson wrote:

it’s the only bank card I have so it is my default

Then what you might be attempting to toggle?

I admit I don’t know what “eftpos savings” means. I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that it is some type of credit/debit method already in your Wallet.

I know “EFT” means Electronic Funds Transfer, and “POS” means Point of Sale, but surely that knowledge is irrelevant here.

Oct 6, 2024 2:34 AM in response to Zemson

Same. I only got my 16 last Thursday. Prior to that my 14 Pro Max was running iOS 18 and that toggle was still showing. Only now on the 16 Pro Max is it not showing. All bank apps and iOS is latest software. Happened to all my banks that used to have the option of Visa/Mastercard Debit/eftpos SAV.

Oct 11, 2024 2:13 AM in response to Zemson

Also having no EFTPOS choice via Apple wallet on a VISA/EFTPOST card - with a Brand new iphone 16 pro iOS 18 - after having the option to choose previously on iphone 13pro.

Had technical checks done with Australian bank and they have verified they are able to do it on earlier versions of iOS but not on newer iOS 18.

Have re- added card many times via banking direct & it appears this is 100% an iOS 18 restriction or bug.

would appreciate any official confirmation on if this is an intended software restriction or a bug in the code of apple wallet in iOS 18 ??!

I can’t toggle between Mastercard and eftpos savings in Apple wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.