You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Proper setup of Music folders on MacBook Pro

Hi everybody. I've a MacBook Pro (2018) currently running Sonoma 14.5. Like most of their customers, I lost Access to my Music Library through SONOS when they did their meltdown move this past Spring. As of today, I THOUGHT I finally had everything set up so I could add my music library back into SONOS, but it's still having an issue trying to "find" my Music library. Note: the genesis of this particular Music setup came from when my old music library was moved from my old matchbook, to this newer one. So before I mess anything else up, I'd like to ask what the file structure SHOULD look like. Right now, the path to my Music files looks like this:

The iTunes folder contains a file named "iTunes Music Library.xml"

The Media folder's files are subfolders, named after the artist, and for each of their albums is yet another subfolder, named for the album, containing the actual songs.

The file "Music Library" is named "music Library.musiclibrary"

The Previous Libraries Folder contains about 7 files, each of the format "Music Library [2023-01-12 20.40.20].musiclibrary". The first "field within the brackets is clearly a date, but I don't now what the second field may be.

FYI, I've never subscribed to Apple's music service, but I have downloaded songs from iTunes.

Is this what my system SHOULD look like?

Note: on my "about" for my MacBook, the name of my system is "2018 MacBook Pro". The USER name is "macbookpro2018".

At this point, I want to make sure I've got everything where it should be, and properly named. That will help me know if this is a cockpit error on my end, or if I need to go back to battle with SONOS.

Any help would be appreciated, and apologies for the length...

Posted on Sep 26, 2024 4:39 PM

There are no replies.

Proper setup of Music folders on MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.