You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Using dictation and text replacement together, is it possible? Or the right word combination to say during dictation to achieve a Single “ ( “ or an “ ) “ key stroke

I have taken this question from another user and reposted it. Thank you for the question Brittany. I am very much hoping that Apple has addressed this concern with its latest version of iPad IOS. I am presently using iOS 18.1 In total honesty I am trying to find a way to dictate where I can actually get the iPad to Insert an ( or an ). I haven't found the right dictation Word combination to have this happen. It's very frustrating. Any help anyone can help me with either of these issues I would very much appreciate that and I thank you in Advance. I love all things Apple except when they frustrate me which is far and few between but when they do they really confound me! Here is the question that Brittany originally asked

“Is there a way to dictate to your iPad your text replacement shortcut for the iPhone to insert the phrase? I would like to be able to dictate some note but be able to say a short cut and have it replace with common phrases that I use. Is this possible?”

Thank you very much all!!

iPad Air 2

Posted on Sep 26, 2024 12:12 AM

There are no replies.

Using dictation and text replacement together, is it possible? Or the right word combination to say during dictation to achieve a Single “ ( “ or an “ ) “ key stroke

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.