You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

mac os broke after unofficial patch

Hello, I have a problem, I installed the nextpostfactio patch and it killed me mac os the system shows kernel panic when loading and goes into a cyclic reboot I have an imac 2006 system mac os 10.7.5 how to restore the system? and what key combination opens system restore? I have a defender keyboard

Posted on Sep 25, 2024 6:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2024 7:19 AM

To restore the 2006 iMac you will need to startup from the Original Gray Tiger Disc set, a Black Leopard Upgrade DVD, a White Snow Leopard Upgrade DVD or the Lion Upgrade on a USB Flash Drive.

To startup from any of the above, you need to insert the Disc, DVD or flash drive and restart holding the Option/Alt key.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 25, 2024 7:19 AM in response to davidmacintosh2005

To restore the 2006 iMac you will need to startup from the Original Gray Tiger Disc set, a Black Leopard Upgrade DVD, a White Snow Leopard Upgrade DVD or the Lion Upgrade on a USB Flash Drive.

To startup from any of the above, you need to insert the Disc, DVD or flash drive and restart holding the Option/Alt key.

mac os broke after unofficial patch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.