You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

how to upgrade to macos sonoma from ventura, NOT sequoia?

how to upgrade to macos sonoma from ventura, NOT sequoia, in the simplest possible way ? for the latter I want to wait at least a few months before upgrading, as my prerogative is a stable system, not the newest features.

I only use external SSD startup disks, don't know if that matters, probably not, but to be clear, it should not be a fresh installation from scratch, I already have all my software installed in ventura, so I need to upgrade from that

Posted on Sep 25, 2024 2:55 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 25, 2024 3:20 AM

You might try updating via the App Store method. Try typing in "macOS Sonoma" on App store search bar or any search engine, and it will pop up. Then when it pops up, click it. Then when you open Sonoma on app store, click the "Get" button. Hope this helps!

Edit: You might also use this link as a faster way:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/macos-sonoma/id6450717509%3Fmt%3D12&ved=2ahUKEwit7tDs7t2IAxWXTGwGHYP4GvsQFnoECBAQAQ&sqi=2&usg=AOvVaw1LkgdOcFO0v-MzUV4v03ke

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 25, 2024 3:20 AM in response to StockStoic7

You might try updating via the App Store method. Try typing in "macOS Sonoma" on App store search bar or any search engine, and it will pop up. Then when it pops up, click it. Then when you open Sonoma on app store, click the "Get" button. Hope this helps!

Edit: You might also use this link as a faster way:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/macos-sonoma/id6450717509%3Fmt%3D12&ved=2ahUKEwit7tDs7t2IAxWXTGwGHYP4GvsQFnoECBAQAQ&sqi=2&usg=AOvVaw1LkgdOcFO0v-MzUV4v03ke

how to upgrade to macos sonoma from ventura, NOT sequoia?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.