You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

In Mainstage 3, how do I auto sample a hardware synth using a Steinberg UR22 MkII audio interface. My Laptop is a MacBook Pro.

The instructions tell me to select the "type" as "External Instrument" to an added channel strip. When I add the channel strip there is no selection for "type" but it gives me the choices of "Software Instrument" or "Audio" or "Aux" or "External MIDI". Which one should I choose? When I tried it, I chose "Audio". I plugged the audio output of my synth into "Mic/Line" input # 1 on the UR22. I kept the MIDI Out from the synth to go to the USB of the laptop, which is how I always wire my system to play my synthes through the Mainstage 3 system. It's a MIDI In & MIDI Out to a single USB cable that I use, like a "Y" chord. I then also plugged the other MIDI end into the MIDI In on the synth. I chose the auto sampler and when I pushed the keys on my keyboard, no sound came out of my amp. But when I pushed the digital key on the screen within the auto sampler, the sound of the synth came out of my amp. I started the auto sampler to sample the instrument and I could hear it going through my amp. I saved the sample and then brought it into the channel strip via the EXS 24, but when I play the actual hardware keyboard no sound goes through my amp. What am I doing wrong?? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Boeapple.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Sep 24, 2024 2:38 PM

There are no replies.

In Mainstage 3, how do I auto sample a hardware synth using a Steinberg UR22 MkII audio interface. My Laptop is a MacBook Pro.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.