You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Why is External (WD RAID) drive constantly spinning down

I am trying to find a way how to stop my ext. HD from spinning down every 2-3 min. As it includes my video library it is not only time-consuming to add/tag files but also when wanting to stream my library.

I have tried all the recommended steps and instructions (except the Terminal command) given on the WD site (https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detailweb/a_id/50916/~/instructions-to-prevent-an-external-drive-from-going-into-sleep-or-standby-mode), unfortunately to no success.

Also I did not find a solution in the discussions database (f.e. External drive constantly spinning down a… - Apple Community)

Now, I am clueless how to prevent my workflow not being interrupted by having to wait until the spinning wheel tells me that I can continue access my ext. drive.

Posted on Sep 23, 2024 11:27 PM

There are no replies.

Why is External (WD RAID) drive constantly spinning down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.