You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Send Later and REBUILD

What exactly doesn't Rebuild do? Trying to fix 15 emails that got redated somehow. I rebuilt the Send Later Box and it dated all of them for today when it was finished. OMG! I've redone these 3 times. Is this fixed in Sonoma?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.6

Posted on Sep 23, 2024 8:03 PM

2 replies

Sep 24, 2024 5:43 AM in response to AcousticDi

Rebuild does what it says. It rebuilds your mailbox. First, it deletes all of your messages. (Did you realize that?) Then, it downloads them again from the server. That may take a long, long time.

I strongly recommend against using the "rebuild" option unless you have a very good reason and you have a very good backup. I recommend an MBOX export of your e-mail messages as an extra manual backup.

Sep 25, 2024 2:14 PM in response to etresoft

Thank you. Now I know what rebuild does. When I did this to the send later email box (with 15 emails), it seems to have added all of them back to the folder with todays date, and a time stamp that is in the past, therefore they just sit there. (They were over 3 months... 1 email a week) Now I'll have to copy and paste the content to a new email and select send later, and do them all again. This is a bug in my opinion, or maybe they should not allow us to rebuild the Send Later box.

Send Later and REBUILD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.