You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

After iOS 18-Update the Map in Photos-App does not show Pictures from my Mac

Hi,

I often use(d) the possibility to look after pictures by the location they were taken. The function works perfectly with pictures in camera roll but not with pictures from my mac.

When I locate an area in map-view and select pictures taken there I see thumbnails, but after selecting I see now an empty selection and the information to take or sync pictures. Both problems exist on an iPhone 15 Pro wie iOS 18 as well as on my iPad Pro 11 Gen 4. with iOS 18.

I already restarted the App, the Device and re-synced the folders, nothing help.

Please advise or fix with an update.

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 18

Posted on Sep 21, 2024 7:51 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2024 11:21 AM

If the number is exactly 1, the photo is shown. If the number is higher than 1 it doesn't show any photos. Clearly a bug that needs to be fixed :-(

22 replies

Oct 18, 2024 10:01 PM in response to drjones-1980

I see the same thing on my iPadAir 10,9" (5th Generation, M1) iPadOS 18.0.1 with images synced via Finder and USB from Mac mini 2018 macOS 15.0.1. Photos Map view reports "No Photos or Videos" if a location has more than 1 image.

I am still holding my breath before complaining because I am waiting Apple to fix this relatively minor new glitch.

But I encourage you to send feedback to Apple:

Product Feedback - Apple

Or especially in long-standing cases where you and other people can reproduce and agree of the issue:

https://feedbackassistant.apple.com

The Feedback Assistant page might also be pretty much a bit-bucket too, but not quite the direct-to-the-shredder type as the product feedback page.

Oct 4, 2024 11:43 AM in response to drjones-1980

This is my iPad:

The arrow points to a place that has 5000 pictures

This is my iPhone:

It's pretty much the same.

What is it that's different about what you're doing? Maybe that would be a clue to what you're getting…

I'm using iCloud Photos with Optimize on for phone and off for iPad. I've had iOS 18 since a couple days after the upgrade-- two weeks? The phone is a 12 and the iPad is maybe 4 years old. The maps look the same on my MacBook. What's the difference?

After iOS 18-Update the Map in Photos-App does not show Pictures from my Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.