You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

ipados 18 has slideshow disappeared?

One of the things I LOVE about my iPad is using it as a "photo frame" and use the "Slideshow" feature, it now seems to be gone and in it's place is "Pictures/Movie", when you choose Movie, which I believe is their replacement for Slideshow, it gives you two speeds - Short and Medium which translates to Fast and Very Fast. Am I missing something and Slideshow is still there? If this is thier new answer for Slideshow it's not done well at all... not what I would expect from Apple at least. Does anyone know how to control the speed of the Movie (which I guess replaced Slideshow)? Any help is very much appreciated

iPad Air (5th generation)

Posted on Sep 20, 2024 9:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2024 3:46 PM

They removed the standard Slideshow and replaced it with an inferior memory maker that has none of the functionality of the original. I wasn’t using the Slideshow because I wanted a movie generated with random transitions, senseless cropping, no speed control, and automatically added/saved to my Memories. Apple: please RESTORE THE ORIGINAL SLIDESHOW! There was no need to change this feature!

13 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 30, 2024 3:46 PM in response to SRCampbell

They removed the standard Slideshow and replaced it with an inferior memory maker that has none of the functionality of the original. I wasn’t using the Slideshow because I wanted a movie generated with random transitions, senseless cropping, no speed control, and automatically added/saved to my Memories. Apple: please RESTORE THE ORIGINAL SLIDESHOW! There was no need to change this feature!

Sep 30, 2024 4:50 PM in response to J_J_V

OK, that makes sense. The Memories is their replacement… ugh!!! The new ‘memories’ are subpar at best. I liked the old slideshow where you had control over what you were showing the speed you were showing it. It was perfect. Yes, Apple, if you’re listening, please please please please please bring back the old Slideshow

Sep 26, 2024 4:08 PM in response to SRCampbell

It was very simple before this update and worked beautifully. Now, I am unable to change the speed of the slideshow. It’s custom because I chose my own photos. Also slideshow no longer fills the screen on the tv when I do airplay. This was not a problem before. I appreciated the Ken Burns effect and all the other options that were previously available also.

Sep 20, 2024 9:24 AM in response to SRCampbell

Ok I found this :-) This is what I would expect from Apple ... so now I guess my question is how to control the speed of the Slideshow?

1. Go to the Photos app  on your iPad.
  2. Swipe down to see the photo grid, then tap Select.
  3. Tap each photo you want to include in the slideshow, then tap .
  4. Tap Play as Slideshow.
  5. Note: Your slideshow is automatically saved as a memory. To view it later, scroll down to the Memories section of the Photos app.

To change the slideshow music, theme, and more, see Personalize your memories.

Oct 6, 2024 8:37 AM in response to J_J_V

J_J_V wrote:… Apple: please RESTORE THE ORIGINAL SLIDESHOW!!

I think you may have misunderstood the nature of this discussion community. We are not Apple; we are just users like you. Some of us hang around here from time to time in case our experience may help someone. Apple isn't likely to read any of this.

If you would like to share your thoughts with actual Apple people, go here:

Feedback - Photos - Apple

Here's a hint: you're more likely to get results by being polite and serious, and clearly stating your concern. Lay it out neatly and concisely, and, most of all, don't use all caps. Try to keep in mind that the person who reads your post probably is in no way connected with the cause of your rant, but you'd like them to get your concerns to the right place.

Oct 6, 2024 12:04 AM in response to SRCampbell

HOPELESS!!!

I had my slideshow all worked out to my set speed (SLOW) for a production I was doing. When my ipad updated last week, Slideshow is missing the editing functions!! Can't pick & choose transitions & speed...Show now on hold for me!!

Apple: Please show me one satisfied user, happy with this NEW Slideshow. Or, check out all these comments and PLEASE BRING BACK THE OTHER VERSION!!!!!!!!

ipados 18 has slideshow disappeared?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.