You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple expands tools to help businesses connect with customers. Learn more >

Entreprise MacOS Sequoia update multiple issues

We'v observed since the new update issue related with losing internet randomly with Wifi connection, firewall where overwritteng the Rules of Defender policies and blocking applications wasn't before. And performance issue.

We'v read on different place that it seem to be a general issue ? Does Apple is planning a Quick fix for that troubles ?

Posted on Sep 20, 2024 8:44 AM

6 replies

Sep 20, 2024 9:06 AM in response to etienne298

Your IT support should have been testing Sequoia for the past couple of months. They should have either resolved these problems or put a block on the upgrade.

It is true that any kind of funky networking manipulation is likely to fail in Sequoia. That means any kind of firewall, including Apple's own firewall, VPNs, and other kinds of "security" apps.

Don't expect any "quick fix". For Apple, a "quick fix" is two months. Considering the scale of changes, there is unlikely to be any "quick fix".

Oct 2, 2024 6:33 AM in response to etienne298

Hi guys,

I found the root cause of the issues. First of all, two issue was occurring here:

1. Firewall issue with Security solution: Fixed : Only disabled the firewall incoming blocking rule.
  2. Wifi connection:

This is not new, even after downgrading to Sonoma, the issue was still there. What was the cause ? It's seem known issue with Mac in general, but my Router decided to update it's firmware to WPA3 and cause an issue between the distribution of IPv4 and Ipv6. So i just disabled the Wifi E6 and my problem was fixed.

I can see that when trying to connecting to the Router, on my mac i was seeing WPA2 and on my phone for the same wifi connection, WPA3. I found the solution with ChatGPT who it found the solution through the apple forum. LOL. On the forum it was saying that WPA3 and Macbook could cause conflit with that, so that was the solution.

Whatever, problem fixed !

Sep 20, 2024 10:53 AM in response to etienne298

etienne298 wrote:

Do you have any workaround to propose with a balance between Security and to fix the network issues ?

Your Mac was in its most secure, reliable state the first time it was turned on after opening the box. Anything else that you done since - anything - has reduced that level of security and reliability.

In most cases, it takes quite a bit of hacking around to start to have problems. Unfortunately, enterprise devices are typically hacked up pretty heavily. It's gonna take a couple of months to figure things out. Your IT staff could have chosen to do this work on some test devices back in July and August, communicating with Apple regarding any issues with your software or configuration.

You can certainly start that work now if you want. But this is a user-to-user support forum. We don't know much about enterprise software or configurations. We typically recommend that people not install that kind of junk. Removing it is always something that resolves problems quickly.

Entreprise MacOS Sequoia update multiple issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.