You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

One song from my iTunes album purchase won't download, and only plays from the cloud. It shows as 'purchased'.

I purchased an entire album from iTunes, and was able to download all of the songs except one to my iMac. I can add the song to my device, but it only displays and plays as purchased but not downloaded. ( This sucks data when I'm not in wifi range.) The download arrow will not appear as an option in iTunes, and on my phone, the downloaded symbol is not present on only that song.

I tried deleting just that song and re-adding it, and no change. iTunes consistently shows it as "Purchased". Do I need to delete the entire album and re-add it?

I'm using Sonoma 14.6.1 on the iMac and my iPhone is a model 13 running iOS 17.6.1.

Posted on Sep 19, 2024 5:56 PM

There are no replies.

One song from my iTunes album purchase won't download, and only plays from the cloud. It shows as 'purchased'.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.