You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

FYI- after 9/2024 update restart phone and watch to improve/reinstate settings.

I recently updated all of my apple devices and I too was having difficulty with the previously simple act of controlling the volume, story, and other functions. I was praying it was not a new “upgrade” they did because I have horrible insomnia but I followed the advice of someone else and restarted my phone and watch and it worked. Volume is still a little slower than I prefer but that could be my signal. Thank you to the one who stated the solution for the 2023 update and it still works on the 2024 update as well for those less mechanically inclined like myself.

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 11

Posted on Sep 19, 2024 9:02 AM

2 replies

Sep 20, 2024 1:32 AM in response to Kparkslpn

Thanks for the info! Since upgrading to iOS 18, the Podcasts app has been randomly marking episodes as "Played". It seems that it will do this sometimes to the episode that is next up to be played (I have continuous playback DISABLED). Podcasts has also randomly been acting like Continuous Playback is enabled, too. I'm restarting my phone now to see if it fixes this.

FYI- after 9/2024 update restart phone and watch to improve/reinstate settings.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.