You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Why Is my Calendar App not working on macOS Sequoia?

Since installing Sequoia OS yesterday my computer is freezing and I cannot use calendar app - any suggestions on how to fix or uninstall and revert back to my old OS?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Sep 19, 2024 6:29 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2024 7:25 AM

Same here, Sequoia upgrade broke my MacOS calendar. I’m not using any 3rd party calendar integrations just the native Apple app. I have iCloud calendars and Goggle calendars synced to it, nothing fancy. App still opens on weekly view but when I try to scroll to the next week the app freezes up, the beach ball runs for a few sec then the app quits and I get the black terminal window type message about a critical error. APPLE, please fix this asap !!!!!

28 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 27, 2024 7:25 AM in response to ehatcher

Same here, Sequoia upgrade broke my MacOS calendar. I’m not using any 3rd party calendar integrations just the native Apple app. I have iCloud calendars and Goggle calendars synced to it, nothing fancy. App still opens on weekly view but when I try to scroll to the next week the app freezes up, the beach ball runs for a few sec then the app quits and I get the black terminal window type message about a critical error. APPLE, please fix this asap !!!!!

Sep 30, 2024 8:14 AM in response to ehatcher

Me too. Adding my experiences so Apple devs can troubleshoot this. I have multiple connected calendars including Exchange and iCloud. Everything worked as expected before Sequoia, reliably and consistently. After Sequoia the following happens consistently: 1) invites takes a very long time to appear in the calendar (like an hour), 2) it is virtually impossible to add a new meeting manually to the calendar. Edits show in the meeting but do not move to the calendar view, including the event name, the selected calendar color, etc., 3) when editing an existing meeting the app freezes until the edits are discarded or the meeting being edited is deleted.

Oct 9, 2024 9:55 AM in response to leroydouglas

I spent 3 days with Apple Care assistance trying to fix and luckily I had backed up my system prior to updating to sequoia so ultimately I was able to rebuild my computer back to Sonoma OS version. I didn't have anymore time to mess with it as I was leaving on a 2-week cruises and needed to restore it. Removing the Sequoia update & restoring to Mac and bringing everything from backup seemed to fix things on my Mac however still had a problem with my icalendar on iPhone and ultimately had to delete the calendar app on iPhone and then reinstall it after I sync'd my phone to my mac. Now everything is working as it should using Sonoma. I will not be updating to Sequoia until I don't see any issues posted as the was a headache I didn't need right before leaving on an extended trip.

Sep 23, 2024 4:32 AM in response to ehatcher

ehatcher wrote:

As far as I can tell it is unique to icalendar. I have had to force quit each time and am unable to edit any calendar items or even add any. It just freezes and spins. Rebooted and worked with Apple to check disk repair to no avail.

The problem is most likely caused by 3rd party software trying to interact with Calendar.

Sep 26, 2024 4:25 AM in response to ehatcher

In my case, it was a subscribed google calendar that caused the crash. As described above, I stopped synchronization in iCloud, then reactivated it and subsequently deactivated all calendars in the Calendar app (by unchecking them). After that, I gradually reactivated the individual calendars, and one calendar stood out that caused the app to crash.

Why Is my Calendar App not working on macOS Sequoia?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.