You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Will Ableconn PEX-SA134 4-Port eSATA III PCIe Port-Multiplier work in the Mac Pro 2023?

I've asked this question before without any definitive reply. I can't believe I' the only one wanting to run files from old eSATA drives on the Mac Pro 23.

Anyway, I have several Firmtek 5PM enclosures and many drives. On the new Mac Pro I have used a StarTech StarTech 3 ft USB 3.0 to eSATA Adapter - 6 Gbps USB to HDD/SSD/ODD Converter - Hard Drive to USB Cable (USB3S2ESATA3) to drive both a single hard drive and as well I tried connecting it to the Firmtek 5M. It works fine on the single top drive of the 5M but, of course, connected to the Port Multiplier enclosure it sees only that one drive, but it works fine with that drive.

But I am reluctant to plug the Ableconn PE-SA134 into the Mac Pro without some confirmation that it might work and will not damage the computer. I don't need to boot or even write to this connection, I just want access to the files.

Anyone who has plugged a PEX-SA134 into a Mac Pro 2023 and has lived to tell the story, please let me know.

Mac Pro, macOS 13.4

Posted on Sep 18, 2024 7:46 PM

1 reply

Will Ableconn PEX-SA134 4-Port eSATA III PCIe Port-Multiplier work in the Mac Pro 2023?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.