You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

I'm not receiving any verification codes from GarageBand to change my Password

I was trying to update GarageBand but I had to enter my password which I don’t know then I Entered in my email and phone number but I didn’t get any verification codes so now I can’t buy apps due to because it asks me for my password all the time and it is annoying.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 17

Posted on Sep 18, 2024 12:59 PM

3 replies

Sep 18, 2024 1:18 PM in response to CherryLee160GD

CherryLee160GD wrote:

I was trying to update GarageBand but I had to enter my password which I don’t know then I Entered in my email and phone number but I didn’t get any verification codes so now I can’t buy apps due to because it asks me for my password all the time and it is annoying.

Annoyed at yourself for not knowing your own password?

Sep 18, 2024 2:16 PM in response to CherryLee160GD

Not knowing your password is the problem. That is up to you and not Apple's fault. Hopefully you are using a Passcode to open your iPad for protection, but be aware if you forget that too, your iPad will be wiped with the only chance of recovering your data is if you have a backup. The Passcode to your device and the Password to your Apple ID are essential if you care at all about your iPad or account. If you lost your iPad, you would need your password to sign into your account to find it.

I'm not receiving any verification codes from GarageBand to change my Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.