You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Problems with Airplay on Apple TV3 after upgrading to Sequoia 15.0

My MacBook air is the M2 version and today after upgrading to Mac OS Sequoia 15.0, the airplay connection with Apple TV3 will randomly disconnect after a short while. It could be reconnected but then the same thing will happen again. Since I use this airplay for music in living room, this really annoys me a lot and now i am not able to listen to music via the airplay. Please let me know how could I tackle this?

I checked everything including reset/restart Apple TV, router and my MacBook air and all in vain. Thanks.

MacBook Air, macOS 15.0

Posted on Sep 17, 2024 8:08 PM

8 replies

Sep 19, 2024 7:40 PM in response to massontang

I have a somewhat related issue to yours. I have a MacBook Pro with the M1 chip that has been updated to macOS Sequoia (version 15). Since then, I've been experiencing random disconnects when using the AirPlay feature on my Apple TV 3 (which has also been updated to tvOS 18). Although I can reconnect the monitor, the same issue occurs again.

I've tried restarting my Apple TV, router, and MacBook, but nothing has worked. I contacted Apple Support, and the CSR claimed they are investigating this issue. I suggest that you do the same. Best of luck.

Oct 18, 2024 11:18 AM in response to massontang

I am facing a very similar issue. I often use my Apple TV as a second display for my Mac, since upgrading my mac to macOS Sequoia 15.0 it constantly disconnects. Sometimes it works for 2 minutes, sometimes I get an hour but in the end it always disconnects. This used to work very well before I updated and it's made me want to downgrade my mac OS. I was hoping that 15.0.1 would fix it but it just made it worse and more frequent.

Come on Apple, please fix this.

Problems with Airplay on Apple TV3 after upgrading to Sequoia 15.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.