You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Apple Watch battery drain after watchOS 11 Update

After installing watchOS 11 on my Series 8 watch the battery life has been very poor. Hasn't been 12 hours yet since I did it and I can already tell that there's an issue. Overnight the watch will use about 10% of battery. Last night it used over 30% and used another 5% while I was up for about 45 minutes.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 8, watchOS 11

Posted on Sep 17, 2024 4:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2024 3:41 PM

Yeah, I noticed the same with my watch I came across while researching the issue 15 Apple Watch Battery Saving Tips on another thread, and it mentioned low power mode too. I tried the low power mode and the battery drain has improved for me as well. Worth sticking with it until the next update comes through. It’s been super frustrating, though! 

123 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 23, 2024 3:41 PM in response to CMDRFISH

Yeah, I noticed the same with my watch I came across while researching the issue 15 Apple Watch Battery Saving Tips on another thread, and it mentioned low power mode too. I tried the low power mode and the battery drain has improved for me as well. Worth sticking with it until the next update comes through. It’s been super frustrating, though! 

Sep 23, 2024 3:42 PM in response to ThePixelated

No seriously, like I noticed over night my battery about 30% too (Apple Watch SE) (when it typically would only go down 4-5% while wearing it sleeping) and whenever I would go to school on a full charge, I would come home with out 50-60% (school lasting from 8-3, coming home at 4) however I noticed today, my battery was at 24% and I went to school on a full charge. Thought it was just me over the weekend, but no, the battery is draining extremely fast.

Sep 23, 2024 6:57 AM in response to ThePixelated

I have an Apple Watch SE (GPS 2nd edition)

I also noticed the same thing.

I charge it overnight put it on my wrist within 15 minutes, It goes from 100% to 68%.

After the second time I did that, after the overnight recharge, I immediately put it put the watch into “low power mode” and my battery seem to progress down more normally- been doing that for the week but today I did not do that and it went down to 68% again right after the overnight recharge.

looks like I just need to put it in low power mode until they get a new update.

Apple Watch battery drain after watchOS 11 Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.