You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iPhone Mirroring with two iPhones

Hello,

I recently updated both my Mac and iPhone to the latest software versions. I’m trying to use the new iPhone mirroring feature on my Mac, but I’m encountering an issue. My Mac only shows my old iPhone and continuously attempts to connect with it, even when my old iPhone is turned off.

I’ve ensured that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled on my new iPhone, but it still doesn’t get detected by my Mac. Instead, the Mac keeps displaying the message: "Make sure 'Old iPhone' is powered on and near this Mac, with Bluetooth and WiFi enabled."

Thanks

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 15.0

Posted on Sep 16, 2024 1:54 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2024 4:19 PM

zayan ezziani wrote:

Hello,

I recently updated both my Mac and iPhone to the latest software versions. I’m trying to use the new iPhone mirroring feature on my Mac, but I’m encountering an issue. My Mac only shows my old iPhone and continuously attempts to connect with it, even when my old iPhone is turned off.
I’ve ensured that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled on my new iPhone, but it still doesn’t get detected by my Mac. Instead, the Mac keeps displaying the message: "Make sure 'Old iPhone' is powered on and near this Mac, with Bluetooth and WiFi enabled."

Thanks

Have you shut down and restarted both devices...

To trouble shoot further you can:

—A SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, third party system modifications and system accelerations are disabled temporarily.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

This test will tell you if third party interference; most extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode.

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 16, 2024 4:19 PM in response to zayan ezziani

zayan ezziani wrote:

Hello,

Thanks

Have you shut down and restarted both devices...

To trouble shoot further you can:

—A SafeBoot Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, third party system modifications and system accelerations are disabled temporarily.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

This test will tell you if third party interference; most extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode.

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

Sep 16, 2024 4:43 PM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks for the suggestions!

I had already tried restarting both devices, but I didn't have an idea about using SafeBoot or testing in another user account. I’ll definitely keep them in mind for future issues.

In my case, I managed to resolve the problem by removing the old iPhone from my Apple account and then reconnecting the new iPhone. Afterward, I re-added the old iPhone, and everything is working fine now.

Thanks again for the help!

iPhone Mirroring with two iPhones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.